Starting at the Hemel-en-Aarde Village, four different routes will take you deep into the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley where beautiful views are only a part of the enjoyment. Each track has its own difficulty and will cater for every class and style of mountain biker. From river meanders to vineyards, and some stunning views over Hermanus and the Overstrand.
- GREEN: 5 km, 90 meter climb, 30 min – 1 hr. Easy & ideal for beginners, Tar & gravel roads, Non technical single track.
- BLUE: 15 km, 250 meter climb, 1 – 2 hrs. Longer distance for novice to intermediate riders, Tar & gravel roads, More single track, more hills.
- RED: 25 km, 700 meter climb, 2 – 4 hrs. Longer & tougher distance for intermediate riders, Tar & gravel roads, More single track, more hills, stunning views.
- BLACK: 35 km, 1300 meter climb, 3 – 5 hrs. Even longer & tougher. More hills, for experienced riders, Tar & gravel roads, with jeep track, More single track, stunning views.
Permits are available at Euodia Cycles (028 316 2119) and Wine Village (028 316 3988)
Hemel en Aarde Village, Main Rd and Sandbaai intersection.
Valid from 1 January to 31 December
Annual Family Permit – R900.00
Annual Adult Permit – R450.00
Annual Scholar/Trail Runner Permit – R225.00
Temporary Permits are available
1 Day Adult Permit – R50.00
1 Day Scholar/Trail Runner Permit – R25.00
10 Day Permit – R200.00
- Use trail at own risk
- Permit holders only
- Stay on the marked course
- Don’t cycle alone
- No Litter / No fires / No smoking / No shouting
- No quads / No motorbikes / No vehicles on trail
- Carefully read liability disclaimer and waiver of claims on the back of permits
- Save ER24 number on cell phone 084124
- These conditions and rules will be enforced by cycling marshals and corrective action will be taken against non-compliance
REMEMBER, NO PERMIT, NO RIDE.
More info: http://www.hermanusadventures.co.za/trails/